1) They may reduce the risk of degenerative disease – strawberries are an amazing source of folate (the folic acid found in food). Inadequate amounts of folate in an aging population can contribute to atherosclerosis, and even a decline in mental function.
2) They could reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease by lowering LDL cholesterol. Strawberries can suppress inflammatory responses of the body, including those in heart disease.
3) Use strawberries to counteract stress – they contain over 100% of our daily recommended allowance of vitamin C in just one cup. Studies show that when vitamin C is consumed during times of stress, it has the ability to bring our blood pressure down.
4) Prevent bone loss with strawberries – they are high in potassium, and high-potassium diets have been shown to reduce bone loss by preserving calcium stores and preventing the breakdown of bone that comes with the natural aging process.
5) They’re high in antioxidants – strawberries contain anthocyanin, which is a powerful antioxidant that protects us from the damaging effects of our environment, especially the sun.